If you’re alive, part of your energy is this hypothetical soul. If the energy of human consciousness has any value, it’s relative. And if we can prove that the body loses this relative weight post mortem, we can potentially prove that the soul exists.
It has to be massless. Because any mass would slow it down. And if you think about it, for our consciousness to be based on something, it has to be able to interpret and react in real time. Sound is fast, but we need to be able to interpret sound and light at the same time, and cross reference it with our memories, knowledge, and logic.
I can’t discount evidence. Duncan MacDougall in 1907 actually tried to weigh the soul and managed to produce useful experimental data. Mainly, in his small sample, he noticed a measurable weight loss after death [He also ran a similar test on twenty-five dogs and found no weight change post mortem]. The scientific community has discounted the work for numerous reasons, but I’m not here to do that. I’m here to say what if he was right?
According to Einstein’s relativistic energy formula 21 grams is 1,887,385,875 Mega Joules. Or 1.88 Petajoules. That is if whatever makes the soul could move at the speed of light.
- The petajoule (PJ) is equal to one quadrillion (1015) joules. 210 PJ is about 50 megatons of TNT which is the amount of energy released by the Tsar Bomba, the largest man-made explosion ever.
- The terajoule (TJ) is equal to one trillion (1012) joules; or about 0.278 GWh (which is often used in energy tables). About 63 TJ of energy was released by the atomic bomb that exploded over Hiroshima. The International Space Station, with a mass of approximately 450 megagrams and orbital velocity of 7.7 km/s, has a kinetic energy of roughly 13 TJ. In 2017 Hurricane Irma was estimated to have a peak wind energy of 112 TJ.
If it is massless, why would there be a measurable difference in mass in the experiment? We need to bring in Einstein’s energy-momentum equation.
- E2 = p2c2 + m2c4
- If mass equals zero, the second half of the equation falls off. P cannot equal zero.
- Thus E=pc, but we know that E=mc^2
- c = the speed of light, p=waveform
- If E=E, pc=mc^2
Thus, the measured difference in mass is evidence that p=0. The waveform that was the energy of the soul has vanished.
So if the soul exists, it’s massless. It’s pure energy that can’t be destroyed, and capable of moving at the speed of light. It actually has to operate at the speed of light [or near it] to run our consciousness. And the fact that it approaches relativistic speeds makes it the most powerful system in the human body.